South Africa All type Visa explained along with document requirement
Visitors’ visas are for international travellers (citizens of other countries) who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
South Africa Visa common Documents requirement
- Passport having validity not less then 30 days and 2 colored passport size photo
- Duly filled B1-84 form(Application for Visa)
- Prescribed fee Paid receipt
- Vaccination certificate for yellow fever(if required)
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
- If you have children (minors) traveling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents
- Proof of guardianship or custody or
- Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
- Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:
- Bank statements
- Salary advances
- Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
- Medical cover or
- Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)
New requirements for visiting South Africa – particularly for children – came into effect on 1 June 2015. All children under the age of 18 years who travel into or out of South Africa need the consent of both their parents, and to produce an unabridged birth certificate to get a visa or at a port of entry.
All children under the age of 18 – both local and foreigners – must travel with a valid passport and an unabridged (full) birth certificate stating both parents' names. If the child is travelling alone or with only one parent, then they must also carry an affidavit filled out by the missing parent or parents.
Under the new legislation, South Africans and foreign nationals travelling with children under the age of 18 are required to produce unabridged birth certificates. It is part of the government's commitment to safeguard the best interests of children and prevent child trafficking
The Department of Home Affairs immigration services has equivalent forms for foreign children available online:
South Africa Visa Types
- Visitor Visa.document requirement apart from above common documents
- A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
- A return or onward ticket
- Visa for entertainment industry(similar to Visitor Visa)
- Medical Treatment Visa:Issued for a maximum period of six months at a time
- A duly completed BI-1738 application form
- A letter from your medical practitioner or a medical institution, indicating the reasons/ necessity for treatment, the period of treatment and particulars of the treatment plans in the Republic of South Africa
- Details of the person or institution responsible for your medical expenses and hospital fees
- Should your medical scheme or employer not be liable for expenses incurred, proof of financial means or medical cover must be submitted
- Business Visa document requirement Apart from general document
- Foreigners who are contemplating investing in the South African economy by establishing a business or by investing in an existing business in the country must apply for a business visa. As an applicant, you will be required to invest a prescribed financial capital contribution
- At least an amount in cash and a capital contribution as determined from time to time by the Minister, is available.
- Financial statements for the preceding financial year
- The contribution to the national interest of the Republic
- Work Visa document requirement Apart from general document.
- A written undertaking by the employer accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his/ her dependent family members, should it become necessary
- An application for a general work visa shall be accompanied by –
- A certificate from the Department of Labour
- Proof of qualifications evaluated by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic
- A contract of employment signed by both yourself and the employer.
- Full particulars of the employer including proof of registration with the Registrar of Companies
- An undertaking by the employer to inform the Director- General upon the employee no longer being in the employ of such employer or when employed in a different capacity or role.
- All required documentation for a spouse and/or children if they intend to accompany you
- Intra-company Transfer Work Visa
- An employment contract with the company abroad
- A letter from the employer/company abroad confirming that the you will be transferred to a branch/affiliate company in South Africa
- A letter from the South African company where you will work, confirming the transfer from the parent/affiliated company abroad. This letter should specify the occupation and capacity in which you will be employed and should also confirm that the maximum duration of employment will not exceed 4 years
- An undertaking by the employer:
- that you will leave South Africa once the 4-year period comes to an end confirming that your passport is valid
- that you will be employed in the position for which the permit is issued
- Corporate Visas
- A corporate visa allows a corporate entity (e.g. a mine group, farmer, etc) to employ a pre-determined number of skilled/semi-skilled/ unskilled workers. A corporate visa is issued for a period not exceeding three years, Applications must be made at any VFS centres or nearest South African embassy, mission or consulate abroad.
- Proof of registration of the corporation with the:
- The South African Revenue Service
- Unemployment Insurance Fund
- Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries
- Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission, where legally required
- The applicant for a corporate visa must provide proof that at least 60% of the total staff complement that are employed are citizens and permanent residents employed permanently in various positions
- Study Visa document requirement Apart from general document
- If you are a foreign student and wish to study in South Africa you can apply for a study visa by completing Form BI-1738. Study visas must be applied for at VFS Centre across the country near the educational institution you will be studying at or at the nearest South African embassy, mission or consulate abroad
- Relatives’ Visa document requirement Apart from general document
- A duly completed BI-1738 application form
- proof that you are an immediate family member of a South African citizen/permanent resident
- Retired Persons’ Visa
- The spouse and dependent children accompanying the holder of a retired person visa may be issued with an appropriate visa.
VISA APPLYING PROCESS
- Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’ do remember we are here to assist and help you through the entire visa application process but are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category
- Complete your visa application form and affix your photograph. You may download the form from this website.
- Ensure photos are as per specifications.
- Attach all supporting documents required as per checklist. Make sure your application is complete. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Submit your application at the VFS centre along with the applicable fees in cash
- Track your application online
- Collect your passport from the VFS centre or wait for courier delivery.
Flight Itinerary and hotel booking documents
100% Money Back Guarantee