France tourist visa requirement
The requirement for France visa is much similar to shengen Visa because France is integral part shengen states.The benefit of shengen visa is really amazing you can tour around Europe as its really well connected by land and air,which gives you the taste of multiple recipe in one scoop.Various reason an visitor has to visit France.All visitor has to get visa in passport
A day of traveling will bring a brainful of learning.So never stop traveling
Here is the detailed information on the requirement that you would need to get Shengen Visa (France visa) successfully.Through this article you may get the insight of France visa requirement. And related mandatory documents
Not all those who wander are lost.
Foremost thing a traveler need is traveling plan because you have only 90 days of tourist visa for France (similar to Shengen Visa) where also you can enjoy other shengen states in same travel.
Commonly required documents for France Visa Application
- Passport validity of at least 3 months beyond return date and two blank page in the passport
- Application form (filled)
- 2 photo must be attached with passport size where face should be clearly visible(size – 4.5cm X 3.5cm)
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required.
- Tavel medical insuranceof minimum 30,000 €
- Financial proof(about 70€ per day basis)
- Covering letter or Authorization letter
- Hotel and flight ticket reservations(if applicable)
Descriptive for above requirement
Visa Application form –
NOTE: WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU FILL THE ONLINE FORM AND TAKE A PRINT OUT OF IT FOR YOUR VISA PROCESSING.
- The Visa application must be either filled with blue pen or can be filled online followed by print out. Here is a link to Online France visa application form – http://www.vfs-france.co.in/PDF/Visa_Form_France_Schengen_Revised_040214.pdf
- The applicant must provide their original signature in the form on page 3 and page 4.
- The applicant must also carry 2 photocopies of the duly filled Visa application form.
- The application must be submitted at the embassy of France in your local country(eg:New Delhi or Mumbai (For Indian applicants)
- The application fee must be paid through bank draft in favor of EMBASSY OF France, NEW DELHI or CONSULATE GENERAL OF France, MUMBAI(For Indian applicants)
Covering Letter –
Covering letter must have your personal details like the purpose of travel with traveling to and from dates.
Travel Insurance Policy –
- Travel Insurance declaration signed by the applicant
- Travel insurance issued based on the EU guidelines
- It should cover at least 30,000 Euros or $50,000
- The insurance must be valid until 15 days of your return date, back to India
Travel Itineraries for Tourism purpose –
- A confirmed Flight ticket booking or Flight reservation for France visa from a travel agent. A flight ticket need not be booked in advance for a visa. Once the visa is confirmed then a flight ticket may be purchased. The Embassy of France does not hold responsibility for the expenses or loss incurred if you buy a flight ticket in advance and your visa application is cancelled. You can get your flight itinerary for France visa online here.
Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which is expensive if your visa is refused. In fact the European union visa requirements for visa states the same.
As per the official document,
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state. Some Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air ticket when visa is collected.
- If you are planning to travel to any other country other than France, Then you need to have flight itineraries for each and every location. You can read everything about flight itinerary for visa application
- Hotel booking , hostel reservations for Francevisa, Or any other country that you are planning to stay. So you will need to make all the hotel bookings and reservations before you leave. Again you can use an online travel agent to make hotel reservations for visa applications for you without you having to swipe your card. This may not seem important but when you factor in all the currency conversions, filling up each and every form andHUGE cancellation fee if you can’t make it to one place then it is always reasonable to get it done through online agents. An added benefit is most of the travel agents charge you about $50 for the entire trip and not for each and every booking, which is a bargain when you factor in currency conversion charges. Read our post about hotel booking for visa
Financial Proof –
It highly important to show your financial stability to ensure the embassy of your capacity to hold all your expenses their on your own and return back safely to India. Hence you must provide the following documents –
- Your Salary slip of at least last 6 months
- Your personal bank statement for last 3 months
- Income tax return filed for last 3 years or W-8 forms
- Your PAN card photocopy if available
Health Insurance –
You must also submit the health insurance covering all the medical expenses of minimum 30,000 Euros to 50,000$ during the stay of applicant in France. This insurance is for any emergency purpose which can arise during the stay at France. Here is a sample traveling insurance covering upto 30,000 EU
Authorization letter –
An authorized letter by the applicant regarding their travel to France with their original signature.
Business trip to France –
If you are planning to travel to France on a business trip then you must have an invitation letter from the France Company for which you would work and a supporting letter from Indian company too.
Family Visit –
If your travel to France is regarding a family or friend visit, then you must have the original invitation before Policia Nacional. You must also submit the attested copy of your passport and the residence card or DNI of the relative living in France.
Minor Applicants –
For minor applicants, one need to submit the passport copy of their parents, both the parents must sign the application form. An NOC must be provided if the minor is travelling with one parent or legal guardian. The Financial Proof of parents also must be submitted.
Duration less than 90 days –
All the other above mentioned documents must be submitted along with Original admission letter from the recognized university, public or private center of France. They should also provide the Address, Contact person, telephone number, Email ID of the institute, date of course commencement, date of completion of course, structure of the course. It should also include the code number assigned to the center by ministry of education and science or by ministry of industry, tourism or commerce.
You must also attach the photocopy of previous academic qualification. Complete financial planning also must be shared for a proper living like accommodation details (hotel reservation is not considered as an accommodation proof) and other financial needs to spend and live at France. These documents can either subject to applicant or his/her parents. However, all of these documents must be signed by both the parents for authorization. Other than this, flight tickets for the entire travel must also be provided.
Duration between 90 days to 180 days –
For duration from 90 days to 180 days, one must submit all the above mentioned documents with complete/original details.
Duration above 180 Days –
For people who are going to stay at France for more than 180 days must provide all the above mentioned documents with original details, followed by an additional document of medical certificate stating your current health conditions. The certificate must mention that “you are not suffering from any deadly disease or contagious disease and is normal to travel abroad”. The document must not be older than 3 months during submission.
Apart from this, you must also carry a police clearance certificate by competent authority of India. In India, this certificate is issued by the Regional passport authority with the stamp of ministry of external affairs of India. The same document must also be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and Diplomatic mission of the country. As mentioned in the previous case, this document must also be lesser than 3 months old to be considered and legalized in embassy of France.
In case if you have been residing in any other country during previous five years, then a criminal record certificate must also be generated, which should be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and diplomatic mission of the country situated in New Delhi?
Once you are ready with all such documents you can travel to France visa application form easily.
Please select check out option for booking flight and hotel