How to get Tourist Visa to Amsterdam
Amsterdam is the commercial capital of the Netherlands and one of the top financial centres in Europe, Amsterdam is considered an alpha world city by the Globalization and World Cities (GaWC) study group.
foreign nationals wishing to stay in the Netherlands for up to three months require a short stay visa or Schengen visa. Please read below to understand how to get tourist visa to Amsterdam .(also called as Amsterdam Schengen visa or schengen visa amsterdam )
Schengen visa or Tourist visa to Amsterdam
If you want to visit Amsterdam(Netherlands) for a maximum of 90 days you may need a short-stay Schengen visa. This depends on your nationality.(Click here for Country List Whose nation require a Visa)
A Schengen visa allows a foreign national to stay and travel in the Schengen area for up to three months within a six month period.
If you have a Schengen visa for the Netherlands, you will also be permitted to travel in the other countries belonging to the Schengen area. A handy short-stay calculator, which can be used to calculate the period of allowed stay.(Quick guide to short-stay calculator)
Please use below link to verify short-stay calculator
Where to apply Visa to Amsterdam
All Foreign nationals need to apply for Schengen visas at consulate in their country of origin.
How to apply Visa to Amsterdam
Commonly required documents for Amsterdam Visa Application
- Passport validity of at least 3 months beyond return date and two blank page in the passport
- Application form (filled)
- 2 photo must be attached with passport size where face should be clearly visible(size – 4.5cm X 3.5cm)
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required.
- Tavel medical insuranceof minimum 30,000 €
- Financial proof(about 70€ per day basis)
- Covering letter or Authorization letter
- Hotel and flight ticket reservations(if applicable)
Covering Letter –
Covering letter must have your personal details like the purpose of travel with traveling to and from dates.
Travel Insurance Policy –
- Travel Insurance declaration signed by the applicant
- Travel insurance issued based on the EU guidelines
- It should cover at least 30,000 Euros or $50,000
- The insurance must be valid until 15 days of your return date, back to India
Travel Itineraries for Tourism purpose –
- A confirmed Flight ticket booking or Flight reservation for Francevisa from a travel agent. A flight ticket need not be booked in advance for a visa. Once the visa is confirmed then a flight ticket may be purchased. The Embassy of France does not hold responsibility for the expenses or loss incurred if you buy a flight ticket in advance and your visa application is cancelled. You can get your flight itinerary for Amsterdam visa online here.
Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which is expensive if your visa is refused. In fact the European union visa requirements for visa states the same.
As per the official document,
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state. Some Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air ticket when visa is collected.
- If you are planning to travel to any other country other than France, Then you need to have flight itineraries for each and every location. You can read everything about flight itinerary for visa application
- Hotel booking , hostel reservations for Francevisa, Or any other country that you are planning to stay. So you will need to make all the hotel bookings and reservations before you leave. Again you can use an online travel agent to make hotel reservations for visa applications for you without you having to swipe your card. This may not seem important but when you factor in all the currency conversions, filling up each and every form andHUGE cancellation fee if you can’t make it to one place then it is always reasonable to get it done through online agents. An added benefit is most of the travel agents charge you about $50 for the entire trip and not for each and every booking, which is a bargain when you factor in currency conversion charges. Read our post about hotel booking for visa
Financial Proof –
It highly important to show your financial stability to ensure the embassy of your capacity to hold all your expenses their on your own and return back safely to India. Hence you must provide the following documents –
- Your Salary slip of at least last 6 months
- Your personal bank statement for last 3 months
- Income tax return filed for last 3 years or W-8 forms
- Your PAN card photocopy if available
Health Insurance –
You must also submit the health insurance covering all the medical expenses of minimum 30,000 Euros to 50,000$ during the stay of applicant in France. This insurance is for any emergency purpose which can arise during the stay at France. Here is a sample traveling insurance covering upto 30,000 EU
Authorization letter –
An authorized letter by the applicant regarding their travel to France with their original signature.
Please select below option for booking flight and hotel for visa purpose
100% Money Back Guarantee