UK Visa Application Templates

Document required for applying UK Visa

You should have the following documents which is generic when Applying to the United Kingdom as a visitor:

  • a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work
  • if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing evidence of any property you own in your home country
  • if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating which course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to visit the United Kingdom
  • it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to
  • evidence of any firm travel plans you have made
  • bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
  • evidence of savings available to you..

How do I apply?

You can apply in a number of ways, for example, by post, by courier, in person and online. Staff at the visa application centers will tell you about the ways in which you can apply.
Check below for Travel (flights) itinerary for visa along with UK visa application templates.

Some visa sections will only accept applications made online. To find out if you can apply for your visa online please contact your nearest consulate.
If you cannot apply online you will need to fill in a visa application form. You can get a form, free of charge from the visa section of your nearest visa application center.
You can apply for a visit visa or EEA family permit at any visa application center overseas. If you are applying from within the EEA, you will need to show that you are living legally in an EEA member state. Living legally includes having a visit visa for the member state. For all other types of visa, you should apply in the country of which you are a national or where you legally live.

In some countries, if you are applying for a visa to stay in the UK for more than six months, you may need to be tested for active tuberculosis before we will accept your application. You can find out if you need to be tested by using our Do I need a visa? questionnaire on the homepage of this website, or by contacting your nearest visa application centre.

What is the cost of a visa?

General visitors Visa application fee (GBP)
Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 78
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 270
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 496
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 716


Business visitors Visa application fee (GBP)
Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 78
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 270
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 496
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 716
Academic visitor (up to 12 months) 78
Clinical attachment, dental observation or PLAB test 78
Diplomatic courier 78



Family visitors Visa application fee (GBP)
Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 78
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 270
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 496
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 716


Points-based system, Tier 1 Visa application fee (GBP)
Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) – main applicant 816
Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent), Tier 1 (General) – dependants 816
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) – nationals of Croatia, Turkey or FYR Macedonia (main applicant only) 764
Tier 1 (Post-study work) 483


Points-based system, Tier 2 Visa application fee (GBP)
Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sportsperson), Tier 2 (Minister of religion), Tier 2 (Intra company transfer – Long-term staff) 480
Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sportsperson), Tier 2 (Minister of religion), Tier 2 (Intra company transfer – Long-term staff) – nationals of Croatia, Turkey or FYR Macedonia (main applicant only) 432
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer), up to 12 months 400
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer), up to 12 months – nationals of Croatia, Turkey or FYR Macedonia (main applicant only) 360


Points-based system, Tier 5 Visa application fee (GBP)
Tier 5 (Temporary worker) 194
Tier 5 (Temporary worker) – nationals of Croatia, Turkey or FYR Macedonia (main applicant only) 175
Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme) 194


Points-based system, Tier 5 Visa application fee (GBP)
Student visitor (up to 6 months) 78
Student visitor – English language course (stay allowed for up to 11 months) 140
Prospective student 78


Child visitors Visa application fee (GBP)
Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 78
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 270
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 496
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 716

How long is the visa valid for?
Generally visit visas are valid for 6 months. But they can be issued for longer, for 1,2,5 or 10 years. However, those with longer term visas can still only stay in the UK for six months at any one time, other than Academic Visitors and parents of children at school as outlined above. Longer term visas are generally issued to frequent travelers.
UK Visa application documents Explained
This will depend on which category you are applying for entry under. In all cases you will need to make your application online or fill in an application form. You will also need the following.

  • Your passport or travel document.
  • A recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), color photograph of yourself.
  • taken against a light colored background
  • clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed
  • printed on normal photographic paper, and
  • full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons (but the face must not be covered).
  • The visa fee. This cannot be refunded, and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying.
  • Supporting documents relevant to your application.

What is ‘bio-metric’ information?
All UK visa applicants, save for those benefiting from a limited number of exemptions and exceptions, are required to provide bio metric data (10-digit finger scans and a digital photograph) as part of the application process.

You will have to go to your nearest visa application centre in person to provide your bio-metrics. In those countries where there is no visa application centre, you will need to go to the British mission.

Your visa application will not be processed until you have provided the necessary bio-metric information.

Visa application process
The Entry Clearance Officer will try to make a decision using your application form and the supporting documents you have provided. If this is not possible, they will need to interview you.

Please check your visa when you get it. You should make sure that:

  • your personal details are correct
  • it correctly states the purpose for which you want to come to the UK, and
  • it is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).
    If you think there is anything wrong with your visa, contact the visa section immediately.

Extending stay in UK
In some circumstances you may be allowed to stay longer. For example, if you are entering the UK to marry or to enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already present and settled in the UK, you can apply to stay as a husband or wife or civil partner after your marriage or civil partnership has been registered. The UK Border Agency will deal with your application and they can provide more information.

Work Permit Visa
If you are an overseas national who is not settled in the UK and you intend to work in the UK, you must have a work permit unless you are:

  • an EEA national
  • a Swiss national
  • a family member of an EEA or Swiss national who is in the UK exercising their treaty rights or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national who intends to join them in the UK, or is travelling with them to the UK
  • a citizen of Gibraltar
  • a Commonwealth citizen with permission to stay in the UK on the basis of UK Ancestry
  • a seaman under contract to join a ship due to leave British waters
  • a person employed as a civilian in NATO Forces
  • a person given permission to stay as the dependant of a person settled in the UK
  • a dependent under another category (in some cases), or
  • a student (in some cases).

Student Visa

you can take part-time or holiday work, but you must not:

  • work for more than 20 hours a week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies, has been agreed with your educational institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognizableexamining body
  • do business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer, or
  • work full-time in a permanent job.

Transit Visa

Evidence that your onward journey from the UK has been booked/confirmed, and that it is either within 24 hours of arrival in the UK for Direct Airside Transit or 48 hours of arrival in the UK for Visitor in Transit such as:

  • Travel booking confirmation (can be email or copy of tickets)
  • Travel agent confirmation

Sample flight itinerary with PNR

Travel Itinerary booking for Visa processing

100% Money Back Guarantee

If service is not satisfactory, 100% Money back is Guarantee .

[price_table id="4090"]


No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment